7.23.2008

Mama Mia!

Question.

1.  Who in the heck did the casting for this movie?  They need to be fired.

2.  Was there no one in Hollywood available that could sing?  If they would have told me, I could have gave them my ward list and they would have done a better job.

3.  If  Sophie (the daughter) is 20 and her mom got pregnant with her in late teens-21'ish, than WHY was the mother who played her at least 60?  As well as EVERY other lead in the movie? (not that there is anything thing wrong with 60 year olds, but they're supposed to be 40!!!!!)

I HATED it!  I was so disappointed.  With the amount of money spent on making it, why was it SO crappy?  I did kind of like Sophie, but that's it!

I'm so annoyed right now, can you tell?

If you saw the movie, tell me your thoughts.


5 comments:

Muga said...

You are right about the age thing. I kept thinking that the mom had to be in her 40's when she had the daughter. It did not add up. I think it was a cute feel good movie; I liked the movie because it was a musical. But then again I love BYE BYE Birdie. DON"T LAUGH! I wish they made more of them. You were lucky enough to see the play in NEW YORK so it is hard to see the movie and expect it to be as good. Just like reading a good book followed by a bad movie.

Crewton said...

Ok, I haven't seen the movie but I am going to give you my two cents worth. Girl, you need to stop evaluating EVERY LITTLE DETAIL in life, and just sit back and enjoy the ride. Remember, it is a movie, NOTHING about movies are true to life.

Crewton said...

Oh about the photos vanishing. There is a software that you can buy that will get you photos back. You will need to ask Sheldon about it. The same thing happened to us in Hawaii, we almost started crying then Sheldon got this software and like magic, everything came back.

auburn and chris said...

ok... I SOOOOO disagree!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED this movie! Chris had to tell me several times to stop singing and dancing. I thought it was great. And yeah, Streep is OLD... but she looks smokin hot for 60! Maybe parenting alone just really aged her. All in all... I thought it was fabulous and I LOVE to read your opinion and get your reviews. You are quite the movie go-er.... MAYBE you just didn't see it with the right people (or person) cause I guarantee everyone on my row had a good time!

Lana M. said...

FOR THE RECORD:

Holly & Emmy LOVED it!

And Lyz (Muga) nailed it with the "reading a good book followed by the bad movie version of it." Seeing it on Broadway in NYC was a hard act to follow. I'm still going with my initial review though.