4.26.2009

Hiking

I have lived in Arizona for going on 40 years (yikes!!!!) and this weekend was the FIRST TIME that I have ever been to the Superstition Mountains.

Isn't that crazy?

Especially since we live 10 minutes away and we have driven by them hundreds of times going to the lake. Anyways....

It was a memorial hike for brothers that went to Emmy's school that were killed by a drunk driver recently. The family was coming home from the boys Little League game, two teenagers in another car were drunk and ran a stop sign. The whole situation is very sad.

Back to the hike -

I thought I was in pretty good shape...

Well, I would be WRONG.

It was about 5 miles, and it kicked my butt, or maybe it was the HORRIBLE allergies I had all weekend. But between the two, I was pretty much out of commission by Saturday night.

The hike was fun, and the view was pretty. We could see downtown Phoenix from the top, and it's at least 40 miles away. I thought that was cool.

No comments: