4.13.2009

Holy Smokes!

Who knew Hannah Montana could make me bawl like a little baby?

Is this a little...

Shocking?

Disturbing?

Pathetic?

Probably a combo of all of thee above.

But first I should probably back up to Friday, because that is when this whole cry-fest of a weekend started.

I hung out with Dominic, who is less than 2 months away from moving over 1,600 miles away. That was the first major crack in my already fragile emotional armour.

THEN, when I walked in the door from being with him, I was greeted with a BEAUTIFUL, SPARKLING, CLEAN house. When I had left it earlier it was nice & clean but when I came home it was IMMACULATE. You see, I have been blessed with a daughter who thrives on cleaning.

She had done the whole. entire. house.

I know...impressive.

BUT - I soon found out it came with strings attached.

She wanted to have friends over. I just wasn't in the mood.

I know, I know...MEAN MOM!!!!

She was crushed, then she was mad. I felt bad, but not bad enough to change my mind.

The rest of the day was meh.

Finally I had had enough of that day.

I was cranky and annoyed so I headed up to my room.

There was NOTHING on.

I came across Friday Night Lights it was about mid-way through the episode. I had never seen it before. It was good. VERY GOOD. SO good that Saturday I had it on my to-do list to go out and get. Which I did. Bill and I spent Saturday afternoon watching a few episodes while the kids were all out. I kept finding myself wiping puddles of tears from my face.

I AM NOT AN EMOTIONAL PERSON!!!!!

What in the H is going on with me???

pregnant?

menopause?

NEITHER are a GOOD diagnosis.

It must be the toll of the last several months and worrying about what our future holds. All I know is at some point during this weekend, I found myself sitting in a movie theater, with both my daughters and my husband, watching a girl I was SURE we'd be over by now, and I was BAWLING!!!!!

LOVE this song. LOVE the message.


For the record: I LIKE this girl, I like her music. I even listen to it if there are no kids around. I think she is VERY talented. And I CERTAINLY wouldn't want to be 16 years old with the eyes of the world watching my every move WAITING for me to make a wrong one. In my house, we make sure our kids know that the things and people to be admired are ones that work hard, learn from their mistakes and treat people well. Money, fame, glitz & glamour are fleating.

Also: I was distracted by her teeth through most of the movie, am I being shallow and nit-picky?

And: Billy Ray's chest is getting "old-man" looking.

Just sayin'....


*****


Sunday night was spent consolling Emmy about Easter.

It was SO sad.

This year we did NOTHING for Easter.

No Easter pageant.

No egg hunt.

No family get together.

She was really upset about it.

Next year I will have to remember that age is just a number and family traditions should stay intact. Sometimes I think that the kids are/should be past something and CLEARLY they are not.

Hope everyone had a Hoppy Easter. (ha ha haaa... )

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Carina went and saw the Hannah Montana movie on Friday with some friends and couldn't stop talking about what a good movie it was. Now she wants to move to Tennesse and be out in the country (as apposed to being out in the middle of the desert). Glad you liked it. Where is Dominic going 1600 miles away--to school, on a mission?

Lana M. said...

The plan as of now is that Dominic and his dad are moving to Wisconsin and Dominic has been accepted to a school there.

If Carina should move to Tennesse we would gladly go with her! It seems all my problems & worries would dissappear among all those HUGE beautiful trees!

And if they didn't, we could just have a ho-down!

Unknown said...

Dominic's college life is going to be so great for him. I'm sure the cell phone bill will outrageous as he will call you everyday!

I think you should buy up all the Easter sale stuff and hold a surprise "Easter" party for Emmy. It's the memories, not the day that counts.

Lana M. said...

Ouuuuu....I LIKE that idea.

But how stupid am I that I was at Wal-Mart THIS morning and walked by a BUNCH of stuff and seriously thought to myself, "geez, 75% off that's a ggod deal. To bad Easter is over." I guess I'll be going back.

BTW: How do you spell oouuu. Like uooo aww?

That my friends is a question for the internets.

or you.

Lana M. said...

P.S. I'll have to tell him "text, text, text, phone call, text" there is no roaming in texting. :)