2.03.2008

For those of you sitting on pins & needles waiting for my drywall update, here it is:

Yes, they showed up. Not at 8:00 as agreed, but at 9:15. fine.

10:00 they took a break.

10:30 I went out to the car to go run an errand, they are still taking a break. But in Cool Guys car I see feet on the dashboard of the passengers side. That's kind of weird, but okay. Then as I pull out of the driveway I see that the feet actually belong to a girl. As in THE GIRLFRIEND CAME TO WORK WITH COOL GUY!!!! I was beyond dumbfounded. So I go do my errand, when I get back home they are still taking a break. About 10 minutes later Old Mexican & Cool Guy come in the house and it was all I could do to keep myself in check, so all I said was "you guys WILL be DONE TODAY, RIGHT?" They said, "uhhhhh...yeah." At this point I figure Girlfriend must have just been dropping him off. So I go in my bedroom and watch a Little House on the Prairie marathon to keep myself from saying anymore to them. Well, as the day goes on and on, and my being a prisoner of my bedroom, I keep hearing Freckles and all the other dogs in the neighborhood barking. Non-stop all day. I think, this is riduculous what the heck is going on. I sneak out of bedroom, go through laundry room to back yard, Freckles is barking like a mad dog at the gate, so I peek through the edge and what do I see. GIRLFRIEND SITTING IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK.....WITH THEIR HUGE DOG! She never left.

At this point I really don't know what to do, I don't want to go completely off on them because I don't know if Bill will be mad at me or not. (He's @ the FBR so I can't call and confer w/him) The company they work for does work for Bill, so I don't want to screw anything up for him. Plus, I know once I start, I won't stop. That's how I roll. (Go ask the Chevy dealership, they'll tell ya!) So anyways, I go back to my room for the rest of the day, and WATCH Little House while LISTENING to the dogs bark.

At 3:00 I came out to welcome kids home, walked in family room and Girlfriend was there. I don't know what time she came in. No, I didn't say anything, just acted like she was invisible. At 4:30 they were finally done.

Halleluja!

1 comment:

auburn and chris said...

never realized how similar our thought process is... though, I dont think I would have showed as much restraint! Props... and hope you dont have to deal with them, or the GF anytime soon