2.13.2008

The Will


I saw this chaise a couple months ago, and it was lust at first sight! Of course, because it was cheetah print and I have a uncontrollable weakness for all things in animal print, I had to have it. (In a previous life I'm convinced I must have been an older Jewish woman living in Florida or New Jersey. That's the only explanation I have.) Anyways, we didn't have anyplace to put it so it stayed at the store. End of story...or so I thought.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, Bill calls me from Jeff's cell phone, and says "so...Jeff & I are at Razmataz, do you still want that thing?"

Here's where you need some backstory info: Bill gives a VERY narrow window of opportunity. You can ask or request something for years and you think it is falling on deaf ears, then out of the clear blue sky he'll say things like:

Did you still want the loft enclosed?
Yes.
Okay they'll be here in a hour.

or

Do you still want to go to Hawaii?
Yes.
Okay, were leaving in 10 minutes.

So I've learned to just roll with it, and figure out the details AFTER the fact. So, back to the chaise...Of COURSE I said Yes. No brainer - just look at how cute it is. Nevermind the fact that I had absolutley NOWHERE to put it. So a few days later, the delivery truck shows up with it and sticks it in the entry way. Holly & Emmy come home, and the FIRST THING out of Holly's mouth is not

"OHH how cute! or "where are we going to put it?"

No, it's...

"I CALL THAT IN THE WILL"


Anyways...I rearranged everything a hundred times to try to make it work and I got figured out.

2 comments:

auburn and chris said...

DYING over that chaise! SO Lana... SO cute! I left you a message yesterday- if you so choose to act upon it, give me a call! OR just wait till EVERYTHING arrives and act then. :)

Loves!

Denise said...

So my question is, WHAT ARE JEFF AND BILL DOING AT RAZMATAZZ together!!!!!