3.25.2008

ALERT: Long Boring Post

Because of the previous post it got me thinking about the news and I thought I'd share my stance on it, because I know your all wondering! Like Denise said in her comments, it goes without saying that Drudge comes first. That is a NO-BRAINER, hence the reason I did not include it on the list. (Also with e-mail & blogs)

Now here is the part where I will probably ruffle some feathers, but you are all strong so I know you can take it! :)

I DO NOT not watch Fox News. At all. Ever. And about two years ago I cut the cord with Rush and Hannity on the radio as well. And here is why. I already know how I think and I already know what I believe. I want to know how everyone else thinks and believes so I can be armed and prepared. Does that make sense?

Also, I have a true confession that I will now come clean with....I am in LOVE with Anderson Cooper. It started 13 years ago in the middle of a warm summer night. In the bedroom of my apartment in the ghetto. It was just me and him. And three sick, crying babies. And a passed-out snorring husband. You see Anderson started out as the fill-in news person on ABC World News Now which is on from midnight to 2am. Then it repeats from 2am-5am. So at that time I was up all night for like 5 years straight with various Babbies/kids and their different stages. He caught my attention because every now and then you would see glimpses of his quirky, dry sense of humor, which was rare to see in news people at that time. From then on I kind of followed him and his carreer. Then when I found out years later that Gloria Vanderbuilt was his mother, I came to repect him as well. That he made his own way and started out in the trenches and worked his way up impressed me. And he has a blog on CNN.com that I just love, I love his writing style. So there. I LOVE ANDERSON FOREVER!

Also on CNN, is where you will find Looney Larry. AKA Larry King. Who doesn't love a good laugh, and that is what you will have if you watch Larry TRY to interview someone. Seriously, does CNN not have a retirement plan? It is to the point where Bill has banned him from being on the TV if he is home.

Also, just so you know (because I know you want too) right before I pass out at night, you know the part where you feel yourself drifting off, I change the channel from whatever we're watching to CNN and I leave the TV on all night. That way when I wake up a thousand times (another post, another day) I will know what is going on in the world. When Princess Diana died, I knew it right away. Same thing when Britney shaved her head. See how it pays off.

There you go.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Amen to Anderson Cooper. Who knew Gray could look so good!!!

Crewton said...

Ok, I will forgive you. I don't even know why I am discussing this because I really could care less about the news. I get tidbits here and there, just enough to keep me informed on what is going on, but other than that, to me it's all fighting with one another and I am convinced that everything in politics is just a conspiracy theory.JK Man, I have been around Dale to much. Ha Ha Jk Love ya Dale.