3.26.2008

I HATE Ikea. It's not the products that I have a problem with, because I quite like them. It is the whole Ikea "Experience" that makes me crazy. But I have been wanting to go to check on a few things, so I gave myself a "you can do it" pep talk, and decided today would be the big day since I had nothing else going on. About 9:00 am I head out, and I was there 20 minutes later. I thought they opened at 9:30. They don't. Well, that's okay, I'll go upstairs and eat. I LOVE their cafeteria. (except when you go to put your tray away on the rack, that part TOTALLY grosses me out.) This is probably going to sound sarcastic, but its not. I reallly do love the little squared potatoes, the fake scrambled eggs, and the little pancake folded so cute with the tiny spoonful of lingen berries on top. So SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! At this point I go to make sure I've got some cash in my wallet to eat with. No wallet. I realize I left it at home on the pool table. AARRRGGGGHH! At this point I am inside the store, and suddenly all of my anxiety about this store manifests. I wasn't planning to buy anything on this trip anyways, I was just checking things out, so when I saw the catalog stand out of the corner of my eye, I KNEW someone was watching out for me. I grabbed one and left.

I could not, COULD NOT do it. I will only go back when I am ready to make my purchases.

1 comment:

Crewton said...

Dag! I have done that and it's not fun. I was in the grocery store doing my big shopping, got to the check out, (with a bunch of people behind me) rang everything up, go to pay, and didn't have my wallet!!!! So I do feel for ya!