6.27.2008

Public Service Announcement: #1

Hey.

Not Funny.
Not Sad.

Just Informative.

Because that, Dear Reader, is just how much I care about you!

In the past 2 weeks I have discovered 3 new products, and after giving them a trial period, I feel I can now recommend.

1. OPI Nail Polish #s86 Bubble Bath

For YEARS I have searched for the perfect not clear/but sheer nail polish. They were either too white, too pink or to opaque. This week I found it. OPI's Bubble Bath is perfect if your looking for just a "finished" look to a natural nail.



2. BareMinerals Blemish Therapy

I LOVE BareMinerals make-up. Between it & my "niece" Julie's Face treatments, my life has been changed. Now they have this new product for blemish's, it works & I love it.


3. CFL's. (Compact Florescent Lights)

Up until recently, I've pretty much ignored the "hype" in regards to CFL's. I have been CONVERTED! And like any person who has had a conversion of some type, I feel the need to now convert everyone I know! I'll put it as simple as I know how: If you don't convert to CFL's then you are just being dumb. They save a TON of money on your electric bill, and they now come in EVERY size you would ever need. They last for 5 years. PLUS, if you check around you can find them for very cheap. Sam's Club carries multi-packs and Basha's & Food City are offering them at about $1. 30 a piece through a program subsidized by SRP. If not in my area, contact your energy provider and I'm sure they can direct you were to find them cheapest.


Bonus Product Recommendation:

If you are like me, and eat a whole watermelon per day covered in chili spices, and maybe need to switch off to something else for a bit, then head over to your nearest Food City or Mexican Mart and purchase Mango Con Chili.

That's right my friends, Chili covered Mango's! Once again, proof that "Dreams Really Do Come True."

6 comments:

Shanell said...

I love OPI nail polish in general. Can't wait to try that color, nor can I wait to get my hands on the blemish control! Just what I need. I love tried and true real women trying them out and they are great so they get to recommend them to their friends. Thanks!

auburn and chris said...

really.. is bare minerals worth it? I have come to the point where I am ready to throw away every make up brush and piece of make up I own and start over. Bareminerals is pricey, but if its worth it, then I dont care! I need help....

Lana M. said...

Auburn-

You KNOW my history with my face! Acne, then the scars, top all that with trying to find the right shade, then something that doesn't "slide" down your face during our *lovely* AZ summers, I was FED UP with the hassel of make-up. Then after I went to Julie and she cleared up about 80% of my scars, I kind of wanted to try make-up again. So, one day I was at SFS and was browsing in Sephora, and saw BM and remembered seeing it on an infomercial, and one of the girls there told me she'd give me a quick makeover. She LITERALLY did my whole face in 2 minutes. I was SOLD!

I started out buying just the starter kit, I can't remember exactly how much they are, I want to say between $50 - $65.

I LOVE it, and I have TRIED EVERY LINE of make-up out there. MAC, Clinique, Shishedo, Chanel, the works. I was totally willing to pay if it would help, it didn't.

This is becoming way longer that I thought but just two more things:

1. Their brushes are the best! I have bought so many and LOVE them, especially the ones for eyes.

2. The only moisterizer, etc. I use is their "skin rev-er upper." It's not heavy & it doesn't make me break out etc.

3. You CAN TOTALLY SLEEP in it! Not advised, but if you do, it's no big deal.

Bill & I have both been adament with the girls since birth that they WILL NOT be allowed to wear foundation in our house. EVER. Because that's how much trouble it has caused me, (I feel it starts a vicious cycle. Extreme thinking? Probably. But that's me :) )but recently we decided that we would let Holly try Bare Minerals if & when she wanted. In fact, I'm going to take her to let them show her how sometime before school starts. That shows you how much I believe in it!

Oh, one more thing, I'm not allergic! I hated wearing make-up so bad, that I would only wear it on Sudays for church. I would get such bad allergies that I SERIOUSLY thought I MUST BE allegic to either Sundays or Church, then I switched to BM, and I wasn't allergic to church anymore!

Lana M. said...

If you decided to try, DON'T TRY:

1. BM mascara...it sucks!

2. BM iQuad eyeshadow case. The eyeshadow is great, but THAT case was EXPENSIVE & very poorly designed. (IMO)

Crewton said...

I have not been endorsing mineral make up for a while? I am glad to see that you are keeping up with your skin care. It is your larges organ after all! I am a full believer that you get what you pay for.

Burn...spend them money on quality make up, your skin will thank you!.

auburn and chris said...

okay... I think I am convinced... thanks for the testimony meeting, lana... Is it bad if I go get it on a sunday to wear to church?!

Just kidding.. I am there first thing tomorrow