6.26.2008

In-N-Out Burger, for those not familiar with the name, is a popular fast food Hamburger establishment. Their menu is very simple & cheap. I think they started out on the West Coast many years ago. I first became familiar with the name back in high school, so its been over 25 years now. The "cool kids" would come back from Spring Break after going to Cali, and they would all stand around and snicker about the bumper stickers they got but so cleverly altered to say "In-N-Out urge" Other than that, I had never been to it myself.

Well, about 5 or 6 years ago, they started popping up here, everyone was SO excited. I could've cared less, it barely made a "blip" on my radar. When I shared this fact with Chelsea & Shanell, they were both SOOO upset. It was like I had just told them the Easter Bunny's not real. By the way, he's not. They insisted that I must go and try it.

A few weeks passed.

Then 2 weeks ago we needed nourishment, and there in front of us, it was. We decided that that would be the day to give it a try. We pull in the parking lot and precede to take our place in the drive-thru line. We were about Car #52. That is were I first became impressed. We got up to the talking box in about 3 minutes. I looked at the menu, it was very simple. We decide that we will all just get a single & fries.

So I say: We'd like 4 hamburgers, 4 fries & 4 waters (my kids don't drink pop, another story-another day)

Drive-Thru Girl says: Will you be eating that in the car?

Me: What did you just say?

DTG: WILL. YOU. BE. EATING. THIS. IN. THE. CAR?

Me: Um, yes. Why?

DTG: Because we will package it in an open tray for you so it's easier for you to eat.

ME: OMG! I'm in love with you!

DTG. Okay! Well, we'll see ya at the window!

They handed me the tray with golden deliciousness inside. The fries were perfectly lightly salted and pipping hot! (To be honest, I ate the hamburger, but for me it was just, meh. But I'm not a burger person. But the fries...TO DIE FOR!)

So, there you have it! I have been denying myself this experience for all these years.

So to make up for lost time, we have ate it just about everyday this summer. This is us yesterday. Just look how happy I am, I'm about to stuff a big, fat wad of fries in my mouth! YUM.


In-N-Out Burger

6 comments:

chelseahall said...

Words cannot express the pure joy I am experiencing right now!!! I am so thrilled that you have FINALLY tried the In-N-Out.. My husband HATES it.... So what do I do? I go by myself, order, "Yes just for one is what I tell them", get my yummy food, Park at Chick-fil-a and eat it in my car. I never thought being all by myself would taste so good!!!!!

Oh, next time you go ask to have your Hamburger "Animal style" that means... They grill the onions (DELISH) add pickles and add extra sauce. That my friend is what I think Heaven might taste like!!! Enjoy

Nikki said...

I am SO JEALOUS! As I sit here, I'm wearing my old ratty In-N-Out t-shirt from my Nevada, and just drooling over the thought of a meal there! It's heaven!

chelseahall said...

oh and also I love your hair!! You are doing a FAB job. Everyone that runs into you has reported back that it is Amazing... so I say "Bill, you can you not give your wife 5 STARS?"

Lana M. said...

Chelsea - That reminds me, I need to do an "updates" post. Thank you. And just so you know, He did bump me up to 5 stars, he LOVES it. AND I did my famous straightening technique, so even when I wake up Iook perfect. Your JEALOUS!!!!!!!

UK- Not to worry, I will eat some today for you. Probably about 1-ish (what does that convert to in your time?)

Courtney said...

Mmm, I like In-N-Out too. It is nice because I can just get what is called a grilled cheese since I don't eat the meat which is basically just a cheeseburger without the patty. Too bad we don't have one close by us anymore.

Shanell said...

I am so glad that you finally tried the deliciousness! The fries animal style is what you need to try next.