4.20.2008

Buffet's

A new restaurant opened up by us, so yesterday morning we decided that we would go check it out for our Saturday lunch. It was a buffet, so we also knew that it would be easy to talk Austin into going with us. (His absolute all time favorite restaurant is Old Country Buffet, which we REFUSE to take him too. So if anyone out there goes to it, and wants company to go along with you, Austin is available.)

The place is called Sweet Tomatoes. We had been to another location years ago, and liked it, (the kids REALLY liked it.)
This new one was really different look wise, kind of Industrial Cafeteria. My family all liked the look and the food - I tried, but....*shudder*

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I just can't "do" buffett's. Honestly they just creep me out. And then when you finally get your food, and your sitting there trying to eat it and your looking around, you think to yourself "Holy Crap!" Even if the food was good, watching some of these people eat is enough to make you lose your appetite. I guess I'm just a food snob, but I wasn't feelin' it. It will definately be somewhere I send Bill & the kids when I don't want to cook (pick a day...any day.)

2 comments:

Annoyed said...

Buffets creep me out, too! My family makes fun of me because when I go, I will take the food from the pan that nobody has touched (i.e., if there is a pan of cherry cobbler sitting there, I will take a piece from side nobody has touched yet).

Shanell said...

I just found Dale's buffet buddy. He loves the OCB and it gives me such revenge I can't do it. I'm not a buffet goer either. I'll definitely have D give A a call!