4.09.2008

I'm converting

What's that religion that doesn't believe in doctors or medicine? Cause when I figure it out I'm converting. I really think they are onto something which is this - Doctors don't know s___!!! I get so unbelievably aggravated with trying to figure out what the heck to do sometimes. I KNOW it's most likely cold or flu or whatever happens to be going around, but then i start second guessing myself and think "Oh no, what if THIS time it's, you know, maleria or lyme disease, or what if I tell her to stop whinning and her appendix explodes? So I ALWAYS cave and try to be a responsible mom and go to the doctor.

Can you see where this is all going????

So yes, I took Emmy to the doctor. Doogie Howser finally comes in the room 1 HOUR after our scheduled appointment time, scratches his fluffy head of hair (and yes, I did see dandruff) and says to me, "Gee, I'm not really sure what could be wrong" and no, I am NOT exagerating, he REALLY said that.

So, should she still be alive tomorrow morning, I'm to take her back in. For what? I'm still not exactly sure and I don't think the doctor is either.

2 comments:

Crewton said...

I feel ya on the whole Dr thing! have found only one doctor in my life that I actually trust and he knows what he is talking about. But I don't think Emmy is ready to an OB:) ha. I hope that she feels better, good luck. Love ya

Annoyed said...

Oh, that's comforting that her doctor has no idea what's wrong with her.

My kids always made me feel like a fool when I took them to the doctor. It never failed - that morning they would have a temp of 104 and throwing up and the minute we got into the doctor's office, they would be fine!