4.09.2008

I LOVE music

Here is a random fact that I don't really talk about, but I LOVE, love, LOve music. My secret desire for as long as I can remember has been to be reincarnated as a big, black woman with the voice of a angel. It started with me being around my older sisters and they would have the radio on in the mornings to get ready for school. (raise your hand if you remember Jonathan Brandmeier on KZZP in the morning) But one day, in the car, a Bob Segar song came on, it was "Still the Same." and all I could focus on was the back-up singers, and I thought to myself, that would be my dream to be able to sing like that. Well, life had a different plan for me, the main thing being that I CAN'T SING!!! So I get my satisfation by indulging in all kinds of music. It really does run the gammet, and I try to be conscientious about what I'm listening to when I have people (kids) around. And iTunes has just been an absolute answer to my prayers (I don't ask for much). With iTunes I am able to make a CD each week with my findings that I will listen to over & over to in the car.

If your still with me as I'm rambling on, I do have a point to this post.

On American Idol right now there is a girl from Mesa named Brooke White, and if she doesn't win I REALLY hope that she puts out a cd somehow because she is AMAZING. She is a cross of Carly Simon & Carole King both of whom I LOVE!!!! She is like a good throwback to the 70's. No, she's not big or black, but I would gladly sell my soul to be able to sing like her.

Here is a little taste of her music.

UMMM.....okay, so I might need a little bit of help here. I can't figure out if I can put my iTunes music on here. Does anyone know how? In the meantime you'll have to just trust me and go listen to her.

No comments: