4.17.2008

To "hook" Muffin up or not

Muffin is in heat. Every time one of the dogs goes in heat I debate whether I should let them get pregnant or not. So far, I never have. But I need to make a decision quickly regarding Muffin. She is THEE BEST dog we have ever had. She never makes a peep, she doesn't bark, she has good hair, and her temperment is just the sweetest. This is her 2nd cycle, so if I don't mate her, I need to get her fixed. We'll be moving in 3 months and do I REALLY want to be dealing with puppies?

I've never had a dog have puppies. Is it easy? Is it hard? Will this change her into a crabby mom like me? Or will she stay her sweet self?

I need advice - STAT!

What to do...what to do???

5 comments:

Crewton said...

Muffin is so cute. Don't feel like a looser, I have been having a rough weeks also. Baby is sitting funny and I am in a ton of pain. Don't feel bad at all, to be honest, I forgot that you were going to call. I hope your lip is doing better.

Crewton said...

Oh, I say hook muffin up, she can stay with us while you move. And speaking of that, where are you moving to? I didn't even know!

auburn and chris said...

love your previous post.... I think I would have just started crying... to make her feel bad : )

I say dont hook her up.... only because I dont do messes or mysterious smells like I imagine new puppies would smell like. Sophia smelled like bacon after she was born.... I can only imagine how bad puppies would smell!!!!


and plus, MORE dog poop? Im still in search for a cute dog that doesnt pee or poop... I really want one.... just not diggin that part

Lana M. said...

I did forget to mention that Muffin does have one flaw (for most people) however, for Auburn this may be JUST the answer your looking for....Muffin eats her own poop. So there you go, she "cleans up" her own messes, so maybe her spawn will as well.

Lana M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.