5.07.2008

100 Things For My 100th Post

Um yeah, about that post title...This isn't my 100th post, and if you count, there are not a hundred things here. I got a little impatient and decided not to wait.

I'm impatient.

I go through about a bag a day of Halls Menthol-Eucalyptus cough drops. It's like crack to me.

I don't like my fingernails painted. If I decide to Take a Walk on the Wild Side, I will paint them....clear.

I LOVE color in my house. I always say I'm allergic to white. In fact, I am planning to paint my dining room in the new house fuchsia. (pending approval from 'the Paint Police, a.k.a Bill) Just wait, you'll see, it's going to be FAB!

I ABHOR cooking. Really, I do. And for someone with a husband and kids, this is a problem. I just find it the biggest nuisance. I get ZERO pleasure out of it, even baking. So yeah, we eat out...A LOT.

I have 3 older sisters and 1 brother. There is 8 years between me and the next sister. My brother and me are 2 months apart, he was adopted.

I have a sister that I haven't spoken to in 2 years, and I have absolutely NO PLANS to EVER speak to her again. AND I have no desire or feeling that I should "make this right" as I've been told to do. I'm just SO DONE with her.

I have another sister, that I also haven't really spoke to in awhile for completely different reasons. However, I DO MISS that sister and would love to mend that relationship. As a child she nearly raised me.

Along with "Fly under the radar," another motto of mine is "Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies." But IF you do ask, you better be prepared for the truth, because that is what you'll get with me. So if your motto is "Ignorance is Bliss" then DON'T ASK!

I have a wedding ring but 99.9% of the time I don't wear it.

I LOVE good quotes, and did so before it became trendy.

When I get a pedicure, I love to look at my toes. I am amazed how they are always able to make them SO cute given the hideousness that they have to work with.

My favorite moment of the day is when I know I have nowhere else to go, so I whip off my bra. I love that feeling.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cold sheets!

Along with V-neck t-shirts and Target jeans, I also buy my flip-flops in bulk. J. Crew wedges are THE BEST. I do wear others, but those are my fav's.

I have a toe ring that I wear that I got when Bill took me to Hawaii for my 35th B-day. I really like it. But when I got home and the girls saw it, they thought I was the biggest Hoochie. They live a sheltered life.

When I was 10-ish I had a paper route, and back in "those days" we had to go door to door each month to collect the payment. There was one house (actually there were several) that had a man & lady. Every month before I went up to the door I would pray that the lady would answer. She seldom did. The guy just gave me BAD VIBES from day one. Then one month he answers the door in these super TINY shorts. Lets just say he was "going commando" and the commandos were flying out of the shorts. I ran. fast. I still gave him a newspaper every day but I never went collecting to his house again. I paid for his subscription out of my tips.

We've been married 15 years. We eloped to Las Vegas. NO ONE thought it would last 6 months, including us.

I had to have neck surgery when I was 20. I'm still not exactly sure why. But if your talking to me and I look like a robot when I try to turn my head, THAT'S why.

HANDS DOWN the BEST thing Bill has ever bought me was my laptop, and he's gotten me A LOT of really nice things. I worship the surface my laptop sits on. Lana + Mac Book = True Love!

My name is pronounced Lana, like Lana Banana. But growing up people, teachers, kids, EVERYBODY would say Lana, like rhymes with Donna. I would correct them, then one day I just got tired of correcting and stopped. If they say Lana (banana) I answer, if they say Lana (Donna) I answer. I truly don't care. It drives my parents CRAZY though when they hear Bill call me Lana (Donna). But my kids ALL use Lana (Banana) I find that funny.

I am 5 feet tall. That's SHORT!

As a child, my dad called me Half-pint.

I was born in 1969.

I was born & raised in Mesa, AZ. I lived in one house until I moved out at 17. My parents still live in that same house. Mesa is a fine place, but I REALLY hope all my kids expand their horizons and relocate to other places.

2 comments:

Karen said...

We have much in common!
I love quotes too. Always have, way before it got so trendy.
And I live in v-neck t-shirts and capris, FL you know.
The thing about taking off the bra made me laugh, because I am exactly the same way!
My daughter is Breanna, like banana. And I can not tell you how many people say it like Donna. Now it doesn't phase any of us, but it the beginning it bugged me.
I'm only 5'2", oh so short too.
And lastly my Mac Laptop and I are apparently encouraging you and your Mac Laptop to spend lots of time on funny websites!

Nikki said...

I love all these fun facts! I think it's so cool that you eloped to Vegas! Oh, and I totally agree about the bra thing - whenever I get home for the day it takes me about 3 seconds to get into my lazy clothes with no bra or jewelry or shoes...bliss!