5.12.2008

Mother's Day

It's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep, so I thought I'd do the Mother's Day Post that I forgot to do yesterday.

While we were at dinner the night before, Holly & Emmy were at home making the most scrumptious treats for us. They made an Almond Joy cake, chocolate covered strawberries, Macadamia Nut & Almond Chocolate Cluster's, as well as some very cute cards. And then they package them like you would find in the finest little chocolate shops. Holly is a chocolatier. She comes up with the cutest ideas and the tastiest treats. The Holy Grail of it all was she had taken my Costco mango strips and hand dipped each one in dark chocolate. Oh. My. Gosh. The most AMAZING creation ever.

So while I was admiring all of the girls treats, Emmy went in and cooked me the BEST breakfast. Scrambled eggs with green chili's & cheese, and diced tomatoes on the side. So Yummy!

And since the day was not over yet, the spoilling continued with Austin cooking us dinner. He makes the best hamburgers, really he does, he is famous all over our neighborhood for them.

So thanks guys, for using your mad cooking skills to make my day! I LOVE YOU!


(This picture is old, but I like it alot. The older boys weren't here in person, just in spirit.)

And just to let you know that I don't have a TOTALLY perfect life, there was some "quiet time" spent in their rooms for a couple of them. But I won't mention any names.

And to all the mother's I know, I hope you had a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

What a yummy mother's day! Well done you for raising such good chefs!

(And if you don't mind telling me, how many kids do you have? How old are they?)

Lana M. said...

Short answer:
5 kids. 17.5, 17, almost 14, 12.5 and 11.5.

Long answer:
My Part - When Bill and I met, I had a one year old little boy, his name is Dominic. I was never married to his dad. When Dominic was 4, his dad took me to court. He had an attorney, I didn't. I lost. So since that time he has lived with his dad, but I see and talk to him ALL the time. Actually, I haven't seen him too much lately, because as him & Doug have gotten older, they have more responsibilities.

Bill's Part - When we met, Bill had just gotten divorced and he had a 1 and a half year old little boy. His name is Doug and he is now almost 18, he lives with his mom. We don't see him very often nowadays.

And then together we have:
Holly who will be turning 14 in less than two weeks.

Austin who will be 13 in September.

Emmy who is 11.

(but those 3 all look like they are about 2-3 years younger than they are. Someday they'll be happy about that, but for now they find it annoying.)

So, if it seems that I mention the last 3 more often than the other two, that is why. Not because I love them more, they are just here all the time and the other two are not.

But like I said, I am a lucky girl and they are ALL wonderful kids.

Shanell said...

I miss my little dinners with your family. It sounds like a nice day. From what I know time alone in their rooms isn't that bad.

Where did the word verification go?