5.25.2008

Happy 14th Birthday Holly!


14 years. Wow.

None of our children were planned, on our end, and they all know that. Which just goes to prove that just because WE don't have a plan, doesn't mean there is not a PLAN FOR US, Holly is proof of this. I was pregnant and had a miscarriage and then almost 3 months later got pregnant again, this time with Holly. This child was CHOSEN for US, no doubt in my mind.

She is just a GOOD, GOOD person. She was born with a hyper-sensitive moral compass (which comes in handy when dealing with her parents.) As Chelsea so perfectly said the other day, "When Holly was born, they forgot to take off her halo before they sent her down from Heaven." So True.

Also, the girl is FIERCELY loyal. She will defend your honor and NEVER talk behind your back. You can tell her ANYTHING and she will take it to the grave if that's what you ask of her. If it's something that NEEDS to be told, she will try to convince you to do the right thing, but will not do it for you.

Holly got her name from a character in a movie; Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's, my all-time favorite. One day, when I was about 4 months pregnant, it just hit me. I KNEW she would be "a" Holly. The character is smart, funny, eccentric, naive, innocently mischievous, and loyal. All of these things ARE MY Holly. And, the girl knows how to have FUN!

I love You Holly, and I'm so happy I get to be your mom!

Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

piggygirl said...

happy b day holly

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday to Holly. Wow, I can't believe she is 14 years old. I remember when she was a baby and I just have a picture in my mind of Bill holding her both asleep on a blue chair (that we called the sleeping chair because everyone fell asleep in it) that we had in our family room.

Shanell said...

I don't remember much about when your other kids were young. I do remember a little about when Holly was growing up. I am so excited to know that we have a little relationship now and to know what an awesome girl she is. I am so glad to be her "aunt". Happy Birthday Holly!