5.16.2008

It's an 80's Flashback, Baby!

This all started with Emmy having 80's Day at school. (which she did not participate in...whole other story)

Then I got on a site that was talking about songs/music from the 80's. And I've just been taking a trip down memory lane (The GOOD side of the lane, not the BAD side - we're blocking those out FOREVER!) Anyhoo, here you go.

The music was THE BEST! This is just a small sample, But really, does it get ANY better than Billy Squire. No.




2 for 1 photo: 80's HAIR & 80's CLOTHES
You were NOTHING unless you had high-waisted, acid-washed denim as a staple in your wardrobe. Look at me, I even have the matching jean jacket. I was classy. (ohhh, I just saw that slight baring of belly flesh. Scandalous!)

Thank goodness someone came up with the Flat Iron invention!

One more, just for kicks!


The 80's ROCKED!

4 comments:

Karen said...

OH I LOVE Billy Squire and The Stroke, good times, good times. The acid washed high waisted jeans I can live without remembering. Ha!
It was good to have naturally wavy hair in the 80s. I was queen of big hair with no perm needed! These days I wouldn't trade my flat iron for anything!

Crewton said...

I agree, 80's music was the BEST!!! Yes, I do remember it. Today was the first day I felt old because I got excited about the New Kids on the Block reunion. BTW, hat picture, YOUR HOT!!!! Love it

WhiteEyebrows said...

thanks for blog stalking me. :) I have an uncle who is absolutely obsessed with the 80's. He still won't let the music go. It's the only music he listens to. UGHHHGHGHGH.. shiver! I wonder if I'll be like that about 90's music.... I hope not.

Unknown said...

My oldest had and 80's thing not too long ago. I spent a long time teaching her friends just the right amount of backcombing.

You couldn't pay me to get a perm ever again or wear those godawful high waisted jeans. I'm short torsoed, so those suckers could practically double as a bra for me.