5.06.2008

It's NOT Easy Being Green

Boy, doesn't that say it all......?

Everywhere I turn, it's green, green, and more "Go Green." So, since I am constantly being bombarded with it and even the kids come home after being indoctrinated at school with it, I decide that there probably is some legitimicy to it and I figure I should maybe try and do my part to help SAVE Mother Earth.

Sure, I've bought the cute T-shirts.


I've bought the cute bags.



I EVEN bought the bags you carry to the grocery store! (It was at Sprout's and I got caught up in the whole "oh my gosh, I'm at a healthy store buying healthy foods moment" so I said, "Oh sure, I'll buy some of those reusable bags. And you don't happen to carry Birkenstocks while I'm at it do you?")


But, even with all the trendy hype, I really have not changed my ways.

I should probably start by:

NOT using a WHOLE ROLL of paper towels per day. That's right....per DAY.

NOT taking a bath AND a shower. (I fill up the bath tub WHILE I'm taking a shower. That way I can get all sparkly clean in the shower, then when I'm done, I hop out and take a bath! It is soothing & warm and I get really relaxed without having to sit in gross water.)

NOT just throwing my cans in the garbage. I should recycle them and I'd probably make BIG BUCKS in the process! I drink 3 Monster's per day. Bill drinks 3 Monster's per day, thats.....ALOT of cans per month! (Too lazy to calculate)

NOT leaving every light in the house on.

NOT driving my car that gets 5 miles per gallon around aimlessly until the people on the radio are finished talking.

These are for starters, we'll see how good I can be.

You know, as I look at this list, I realize that not only am I NOT doing my part to help, I think I single handedly might cause the demise of the entire planet!

No comments: